OrisonThe most advanced technology worldwide in Optronics.
Orison is the first optronic system of a new generation of products designed, developed and manufactured by Tecnobit – Grupo Oesía, an international leader in the field of optronics for over 20 years.
- The detector: the design of the new camera is based on the latest detector technology in InAlSb – a 640 x 512 pixel detector, 10μm pitch, 150K (“HOT”) operating temperature and sensitive to band 3.6 up to 4.2μm – the “Blue” MWIR. Tecnobit is the first company in Europe, and the only company in the world, working with this technology.
- The continuous zoom: the challenge of the optical channel design is to achieve a Continuous Zoom of x17.5 with a field of view at least 27º to 1.7º in the whole temperature range (-40ºC to + 75ºC)
- The optical design is one of the most advanced, with only 6 silicon and germanium lenses.
- The algorithmic: the new video process card allows new and powerful image improvement algorithms.
- Unbeatable cooling times
- Very long cooling system life
- Low energy consumption
- Extremely compact and lightweight
- Reach higher than other cameras of the same size
- All based on an avant-garde optical design
- and the unconventional use of a 3.6 to 4.2 μm band detector
To give a name to the camera, Tecnobit wanted to highlight its Spanish origin even more, giving them a name inspired by our history. ORISON was a leader of the Iberian “oretanos” villages, an area that at that time includes what we now call the town of Valdepeñas (where the Tecnobit´s factory is located).