- The flight control computer includes new capabilities enabling UAS manufacturers to extend their platform’s capabilities to new scenarios.
Madrid, 2 March, 2023. – As UAV operations become more and more advanced and precise, unmanned aircraft require cutting-edge flight control solutions with functionality that may guarantee the success of the missions.
Highly specialised and robust guidance, navigation and control systems that enable the latest generation unmanned aircraft to execute complex manoeuvres guaranteeing operational safety are required.
UAV Navigation-Grupo Oesía’s flight control system is characterised by its aerospace quality, high reliability, and high level of innovation.
The new version of the flight control computer software allows the Spanish company’s clients to execute multiple and advanced functionalities, such as the autonomous replanning of the flight plan and execution of 4D trajectories to reach a target waypoint (WP) within a specific time frame or Multi-UAV and Multi-GCS missions.
The new version of the software stands out for providing the following functionalities:
- Mission Replanning for Automatic Sense and Avoidance or Geofencing
When an unauthorised fly zone is detected in the path of the autopilot mission, the system will recalculate the flight executing an automatic alternative route to avoid the detected zone and reach the desired destination safely.
- Multi-UAV and USV Operations Improved with New Intercommunication among the Vehicles.
Autopilots installed on different platforms can exchange information to allow the designated operator (DO) to see the other vehicles on the Visionair Ground Control Station Software. Additionally, several improvements have been made to the telemetry to allow more UAVs to use the same radio link.
- Multi-GCS Capabilities
The autopilot can detect commands received from more than one GCS simultaneously, allowing seamless GCS handover that helps users perform advanced operation monitoring and control from multiple ground control stations located in different places.
- 4D Trajectory for Executing Accurate Actions.
The system allows the selection of the exact time the autopilot has to arrive at a specific WP. Moreover, in multi-UAV operations, the aircraft will be able to fly at a specific time away from another aircraft.
- Improvements in Maritime Operations.
The flight control computer includes the “Follow Target” command to allow a UAV to follow a given mobile reference with a time delay, which refines the advanced maritime capabilities of the flight control system.
- Online Map to Widen the Mission Following Awareness.
When an internet connection is available, it is possible to use the online world map to download the map in real time.
- Other features:
- Alarms panel renovation.
- Primary Flight Display (PFD) enhanced showing the vertical speed indicator.
- Local network panel available.
- New emergency parachute deployment conditions.
- Visual interface modifications to improve user experience.
- Many other improvements…
Contact UAV Navigation-Grupo Oesia to learn more about the new software and include all these capabilities on your UAS platform.